Do you want to organize your home?
Home Sweet Home may need some freshening up to match changing abilities and resources.
- Are there papers, shoes, books, or other objects on the stairs?
- Are some steps broken or uneven?
- Is there a light and light switch at the top and bottom of the stairs?
- Has a stairway light bulb burned out?
- Is the carpet on the steps loose or torn?
- Are the handrails loose or broken? Is there a handrail on only one side of the stairs?
- When you walk through a room, do you have to walk around the furniture?
- Do you have throw rugs on the floor?
- Are there papers, shoes, books, or other objects on the floor?
- Do you have to walk over or around wires or cords (like a lamp, telephone, or extension cords)?
- Are the things you use often on high shelves?
- Is your step-stool sturdy?
- Is the light near the bed hard to reach?
- Is the path from your bed to the bathroom dark?
- Is the tub or shower floor slippery?
- Do you need some support when you get in and out of the tub, or up from the toilet?
Look around your favorite room. Is the floor free of clutter? Are your pet’s toys scattered throughout the room? Falls happen to the best of us.