Do you want to organize your financial documents?
“Dad kept a hand-written ledger and paid the bills. Unfortunately, his declining health means it’s time to turn the reigns over to mom. How do I assist them in organizing their financial documents while preserving their dignity but allow me the access I need to be their caregiver?”
It happens to all of us. We forget. Our minds as filled with demands that stress can limit our ability to remember. Your care team needs important information from you in order to provide you the best care possible.
List of Important Documents
- Birthday, marriage, divorce, passport, or any other forms of age and residency
- Recent federal and state tax returns
- Medical records (listing chronic health conditions and disability certifications)
- Home mortgage, rental agreement, and home insurance
- Insurance policies including health, long-term care, and burial
Here are some resources to check out: